Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Defying Him.

Ugh, I think I'm going to be late. I hope that I'm not because I was late last time and he said that there was going to be consequences the next time I am late.  I look at my watch and I have 10 minutes to get to his place. I'm not going to make it.  I can't even text him because my phone died and I don't have my car charger with me.

I drive fast, way over the speed limit and I make it to his house in record time. 15 minutes.  But it's street cleaning day and I can't find a damn parking space.  I search for 10 minutes and I find one down the block.

I ring his bell and he buzzes me in.  I walk up the 3 flights of stairs to his apartment and knock.  He yells "It's open."

I go inside.  He's sitting on the couch, watching tv.  As I go to sit next to him, I say "Babe, I'm so sorry I'm late. I got caught up reading and I left late.  I meant to text you but I didn't charge my phone last night and it died."

"Hmm, excuses excuses." He replies.

"They're not excuses.  I just wanted to let you know what happened." I say in return.

As he stands up, he says "Right."  I can't tell if he's upset with me.  Then he asks as he walks over to the kitchen "Do you want spaghetti or penne with your chicken parm?"

I respond, "Penne, please. I'm starving.  It smells so good.  Thanks for cooking." and I give him a sheepish smile.

"Did you eat today?"  He asks.  And suddenly I freeze because I know he's not going to be happy with my answer.

"Yes, I did eat."

"Hmm, can I ask what you ate today?" He questions me.

I want to say no, but I know better.  "Well, I got up late so I had a banana, and a couple hours later I had a couple bites of ice cream.  Oh and I drank some water and Powerade...I wanted to eat with you and not ruin my appetite..."

"None of that counts as actually eating.  Well, the banana counts.  But it is 6pm and you've eaten practically nothing.  I've asked you several times to eat better." He sighs and sounds disappointed.

"I know. It's just that I woke up late today. I swear."  I quietly whisper.

"So you're giving me more excuses.  First it's excuses about your tardiness and now it's about your eating.  And to top it off, I've spoken to you several times about both and you said you would correct your behavior."

There's a lump in my throat because I know he's disappointed in me.  The lateness I take full responsibility of but the eating, sometimes I can't help it.  I guess I should tell him that.  "Babe, I take full responsibility for being late and I apologize for making excuses about both."

"After we finish eating, you're going to stand in the corner of my bedroom and wait for me to clean up."

I have no choice but to agree.  So I nod.  We eat dinner in silence.  I'm not hungry anymore, but I know that I have to eat, so I finish.  I stand up and I walk to his bedroom and stand in the corner.

15 minutes later, even though it felt like an eternity, he comes in and tells me to come to him by the bed.  I obey and he bares my bottom and pulls over his lap and I see the dreaded hairbrush on his nightstand.  I cringe at the thought of it.  I hate the brush.  Before he starts, or even says a word, I have tears running down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment